It’s time for another killer appetizer recipe that screams *fancy* but takes almost no effort to make. Gotta love that! Choose your favorite smoked fish, add some of our Fresh Sheep’s Milk Cheese, some shallots, lemon, capers and you’re done! The real kicker here is the container of Nettle Fresh. It adds that perfect herby something-something that compliments without overpowering the fish. What’s nettle, you say? Nettles, aka stinging nettles, grow wild around Missouri and look any other weed if you don’t know what you’re looking for. They pop up in the spring and when cooked down, they impart a delicate lemony and spinach-like flavor.
You can find our cheeses, lamb cuts and other local products at our shop in Weston.
- 1/2 lb. smoked fish, crumbled (I used trout but can be bluefish, whitefish, whatever you prefer)
- 8 oz. Plain Fresh Sheep’s Milk Cheese or cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3.5 oz. cup Nettle Fresh Sheep’s Milk Cheese (room temperature)
- one large shallot, minced
- two tablespoons capers, chopped
- juice of one lemon
Mix together all of the ingredients until well combined. Spread on crostini, crackers or toast and enjoy!